Electrical

Power switch

 

In every house, it is imperative to have an updated electrical system for safety, convenience, and energy efficiency. Whether the house is old or new, it is always a good idea to get the system surveyed by a professional. Conditions, such as outdated systems, hazardous wiring, or code violations, could be present. Shoddy electrical work can have dangerous consequences, including fire or electrocution, and many times goes unseen. There is always the possibility that mistakes have been made in the past or new hazards have manifested. Professional electrical work is deemed especially necessary when dealing with remodeling projects or extensions to the house. At Husky Property Maintenance, we will have you covered with experienced, professional staff. We will ensure that your electrical systems are of the highest quality and workmanship.

 

We will provide a professional and thorough examination of the entire electrical system. Possibilities for upgrading include revamping the entire system, re-wiring for lights or cable connections, adding ports, or general repair and replacement. Whatever your electrical needs, we have the personnel and experience to make it happen with no extra hassle to you.

 

It’s important to know what the warning signs are for needed electrical work. It could save your home. Here are some common home issues and tips on how you can prevent or address them:

 

  • Is your panel hot to the touch? This is a warning sign of exceeding its safety capacity. Call your electrician immediately.
  • Likewise, outlets should never be hot, buzzing, or charred. This is dangerous and could mean the load on the circuit is too high, the wiring is melting, or the wiring is loose. Don’t use the circuit. All scenarios could potentially lead to an electrical fire. These outlets should be replaced.
  • Never leave a mass of tangled extension cords and power strips in a single outlet. This is too much strain on one circuit and is hazardous. If you must use a power strip, use a heavy-duty extension cord 14-guage or thicker. 16-guage extension cords or smaller can overheat and ignite a fire if the load is too heavy.
  • If a light is continually burning out, check that the bulb is not a higher wattage than the wattage limit. The high heat could scorch the wires and potentially start a fire.
  • Flickering lights could be a sign of a loose or defective bulb. If you switch the bulb and the problem persists, there may be an internal electrical problem. Have an electrician diagnose the problem.
  • If appliances are causing the circuit breaker to trip, it’s a sign that there is not enough electrical capacity to support the appliances. You can ask your electrician about adding circuits if an entire system overhaul is not necessary.

Call Today
801-742-5282